Fine Wine and Appetizers
This event features five different and delightful wines carefully selected by John Neuburg of AVA wine+spirits and a platter of appetizers paired with the wines and created especially for this event by Audra Grueneberg and Ashley Gregorio of GruenHexe Catering. Audra and Ashley, formerly of Timmers, catered our holiday party in December and it was wonderful.
HOW IT WORKS – EVENT DAY FEBRUARY 25, 2023
Wines and appetizers will be packaged and available for curbside COVID- friendly pick up between 3:30 and 4:30 pm on the day of the event AT the UWM-WC Campus 400 S University Drive in West Bend. After picking up their event packs, guests will return home, turn on their computers and join John Neuburg on Zoom at 5:30 pm. John will guides us through the tasting and describe how the appetizers complement the various wines. (Not familiar with Zoom? We can help!)
Each guest will be entered into a raffle for a bottle of wine. Raffle winners will be drawn during the tasting. Auction winners will be announced after the tasting.
At 6:30 pm, the formal program will be over but guests can continue to enjoy their wine, mingle with other guests on Zoom and hear about what is new with the Foundation and the Campus activities.
The week before the event, an online auction will be available for ticketed guests at all levels and winners will be announced during the event.
FOR A $60 TICKET, guests at this level will receive:
· one of the five wines of their choice (listed below)
- Elmstone Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough NZ
- MJ Chardonnay Napa Valley CA
- Tassajara Pinot Noir Monterey CA
- Benguela Cove Backbone Syrah Walker Bay SA
- Zolo Cabernet Sauvignon Argentina
– a delightful platter of 10 appetizers (2 each of 5 different apps) paired to compliment the different wines
Creamed Leeks w/ Wild Mushroom Tartines
Paired with MJ Chardonnay
Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp w/ Goat Cheese
Paired with Elm Stone Sauvignon Blanc
Lox Citrus Beet Salad
Paired with Tassajara Pinot Noir
Beef Wellington Bites
Paired with Zolo Cabernet Sauvignon
Blackberry Panna Cotta
– John Neuburg’s wonderfully entertaining and informative guidance on the wine and appetizer pairings
– a raffle ticket for a bottle of wine
– networking with guests on Zoom after the formal program ends at 6 pm
– the good feeling of knowing that $30 of their ticket cost is supporting the HOPE scholarship program
NOT A WINE DRINKER, NO WORRIES
For a ticket cost of $48, guests at this level will receive all the benefits at the $60 level except the wine.
NOT A WINE DRINKER AND ON A DIET, YOU CAN STILL BE WITH US
· For a $30 ticket, guests at this level will receive all the benefits at the $60 level except the wine and appetizers.
SPECIAL EXTRAS FOR GROUPS OF 6 WHO SIGN UP TOGETHER!
Online registration for this event is closed