Fine Wine and Appetizers
This event features five different and delightful wines carefully selected by John Neuburg of AVA wine+spirits and a platter of appetizers paired with the wines and created especially for this event by Audra Grueneberg and Ashley Gregorio of GruenHexe Catering. Audra and Ashley, formerly of Timmers, catered our holiday party in December and it was wonderful.
HOW IT WORKS – EVENT DAY FEBRUARY 24, 2024
Wines and appetizers will be packaged and available for curbside pick up between 3:30 and 4:30 pm on the day of the event Grun Hexe Kitchen and Catering at 705 Village Green Way in West Bend.
After picking up their event packs, guests will return home, turn on their computers and join John Neuburg on Zoom at 5:30 pm. John will guide us through the tasting and describe how the appetizers complement the various wines. (Not familiar with Zoom? We can help!)
Each guest will be entered into a raffle for a bottle of wine. Raffle winners will be drawn during the tasting. Auction winners will be announced after the tasting.
At 6:30 pm, the formal program will be over but guests can continue to enjoy their wine, mingle with other guests on Zoom and hear about what is new with the Foundation and the Campus activities.
The week before the event, an online auction will be available for ticketed guests at all levels and winners will be announced during the event.
FOR A $60 TICKET, guests at this level will receive:
– One of the five wines of their choice (listed below)
- Hybrid Pinot Grigio Lodi California: Extremely fruity wine with a taste like slightly dry fruit cocktail.
- Horologist Sauvignon Blanc Marborough New Zealand: Lots of citrus taste with a bit of grapefruit flavor on the finish.
- Bodegas Aragonesas Don Ramon Campo de Borja Spain: A wine that both sweet and dry wine lovers will enjoy. The taste is a little like cherry cassis and easy on the palate.
- Altavilla Montepulciano d’Abruzzo Puglia Italy: A clone of Sangiovese famous in Chianti but with a softer fuller feel. It has a little cherry like flavor and nice dry finish.
- Milbrandt Cabernet Sauvignon Washington State: Classic flavors with smooth texture and rich finish. It seems like Cabernet and Chocolate can dance together.
– A delightful platter of appetizers paired to complement the different wines:
- Smoked Salmon Mousse Puff Pastry Cup: paired with the Pinot Grigio
- Citrus Salad Cara Cara + Blood Orange, Grapefruit, Vanilla Pickled Fennel, Toasted Almond, Sartori Montamore Cheddar & Vinaigrette: paired with the Sauvingnon Blanc
- Roasted Beet + Prosciutto Caprese Rosemary, Thyme & White Balsamic: paired with the Bodegas Aragonesas
- Shaved Lamb Crostini Minted Goat Cheese & Pickled Red Onion: paired with the Altavilla Montepulciano
- Truffle Trio Fudge with Aged Cheddar White Chocolate Lavender + Mascarpone Coconut Almond Dark Chocolate: paired with the Cabernet Sauvignon
– John Neuburg’s wonderfully entertaining and informative guidance on the wine and appetizer pairings:
– a raffle ticket for a bottle of wine
– networking with guests on Zoom after the formal program ends at 6 pm
– the good feeling of knowing that $30 of their ticket cost is supporting the HOPE scholarship program
NOT A WINE DRINKER, NO WORRIES
For a ticket cost of $48, guests at this level will receive all the benefits at the $60 level except the wine.
NOT A WINE DRINKER AND ON A DIET, YOU CAN STILL BE WITH US
For a $30 ticket, guests at this level will receive all the benefits at the $60 level except the wine and appetizers.
SPECIAL EXTRAS FOR GROUPS OF 6 WHO SIGN UP TOGETHER!